Friday, June 15, 2012

The Basics are done...

I've finished up the last part of the turrets and finished missile launchers.  Actually, they are considered the same thing by the game.  The only real difference is whether they have bullets or missiles (or both for that matter) loaded into their data structure.  They have a methodology to turn and shoot (from a non-player entity perspective).  I do have to add one more thing, now that I thought of it.  I have to add locking onto a target routine for non-player entities when it comes to missile locks. 

The rest is done though.  At this point, the objects are fully designed except for the AI routines.  In addition, I do have to create a robust resource manager.  At this point, I have to sit down and figure out how I want the AI to work for fighters and capital ships (for both sides).  I'm not sure how I want to approach this right now. 

I'll have to map out the general process of what I look at when attempting to engage a target and come up with some method for a decision making process.  I'm not sure if a fuzzy logic or scripted AI approach will be best suited at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment