Monday, December 2, 2013

December

I've been busy the last two weeks with work; however, this did give some time to mull things over. 

First, I really don't want to import models into the game until I am ready to texture them.  I hate to say it, but prematurely importing models will just create a situation with I have 15 models of the same plane with only one being used by the game.  I should be getting a texturing program before Christmas; so, I will hold off on importing models until then.

Second, Damage Control will be undergoing a huge revision.  It's going to be a bigger revision than I originally anticipated earlier.  Many features found in the older Flight Control will migrate here.  I'll write a blog dedicated to the changes, but Damage Control will look completely, well very, different from previous versions.

Third, I want to institute a new system in loading scripts.  In the future, I will have to game files.  The first will be the working copy.  I will use a liberal import rule for this version.  When a system is done, I will export it from the working copy and import it into the current copy.  This is just to practice some quality control.  Past prototypes got bogged down with unused models, discarded scripts and many other things.  Every once and awhile, I do plan on purging the working copy and creating a new working copy based on the current copy. 

That's about it for right now.  I got the model done...  Well, ready for painting.  I have the basic colliders ready.  I just need to get a painting program.  I want to map out the changes for the new Damage Control script.  I'm still in the process of discarding, reincorporating and rethinking the script...

No comments:

Post a Comment